The last Year or so....

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Oliver

We have had a very sad week. We had to put our sweet Oliver down today. Long of a short he had some sort of tumor pressing against his spine which basically paralyzed his legs. Looking back the signs have been there for a few months but we did not realize which is usual in these cases. He had a very rapid decline. He could not stand or walk and was in great discomfort. We were very heartbroken to have to make the decision, as he was only 5 years old, but we had no choice and hope the decision has left him in a place that he can roam free and feel no pain! We love our pets so much they are part of our family, which some understand and some do not. The vet came this morning and the dogs were able to say their good byes to each other and we were able to help him drift to sleep in the comfort of our arms with all of the family present. We will miss you Oliver!

6 comments:

Ashley said...

I am so sorry, What a hard loss for you and your family. Hang in there... At least now you know that he is running with no pain now in heaven!! Miss you!

IdahoGirl said...

So I'm sitting here at work trying not to look like an idiot because I'm bawling. I am so sorry James...I know how much he meant to you - I understand just what a fur baby can be to a person. My heart just aches for you both.

I'll call you tonight... I miss you little sister.

Five Silly Switzer's said...

Sorry you had to let your Doggy go. Hang in there and just remember the good times!! What beautiful dogs you have. I didn't even realize you had dogs. Wow, I'm a bad friend for not knowing that.

The Stones said...

i am so so sorry! i saw ann just the other day. i think she may have told me you had a birthday? well, if you did- HAPPY BIRTHDAY! if you didn't HAPPY BIRTHDAY anyway, i probably missed it! love you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweeties! We are so sorry for your loss of your wonderful dog Oliver. What a beautiful tribute you did for him Jaime.
Love you guys!
Kim, Noel, Kels & AJ
Chase & Rascal

The Dudley Bunch said...

So sorry Jaime and David...I know that must suck.
Happy belated birthday, sorry I missed it, I will call soon.
love ya,
kara

Our Tracks


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones