Today was cousin Jan's 36th birthday, so we all took a little snorkeling trip on the Fairwind II(cousin Leah's boat). It was a blast! The weather was nice, water was warm and the food and drinks were delicious as usual. Lydia loves the water and unlike her Mom is not afraid of the sharks. I even managed my sea sickness without medication by a ton of ginger and pressure point bands! It was quite predictable though, as soon as I got over the idea that sharks were looming, I see a HUGE shark...well it was actually a barracuda, but it mattered not to me. My feet and arms were out of the water and I very quickly had cousin Jan pulls us to the boat. How nice of me to sacrifice the birthday girl! Sharks, barracuda they are all the same to me...teeth and nasty.
The funny part of the day was watching Marissa and Lydia. Marissa is just two and Lydia 8 months. Lydia has earned the nickname of Brutus the past few weeks, between eating your face, pinching, and the general crazy behavior it suits her well. I had no idea (well maybe a small one) that her cousin Marissa was one in the same...so between the pinching and biting of each others toes, they were hilarious and enjoyed their time together.
Happy Birthday Jan...we are so happy that your were born!
On a side note...here are a few friendly creatures we came home to last night. Centipedes are just one of the pleasant insects in Hawaii. Check out the size of their pincher's. I can personally attest to the fact that it does not feel good to be stung by one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment