The last Year or so....

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Welcome to my Crazy world..

It has been awhile since I posted, but life for us here on this island we call home just keeps on getting crazier. Our amazing little baby turned 1 year old on the 20th of January. I cannot even express my love and joy for her. I am so blessed to be her mother. She is so wonderful. She is full of personality and life. She is always the little social fairy and loves, loves, loves other little kids. She is walking so well and has been for about 3 weeks now. She sings and yammers a lot, but mostly calls everything dadada or whoa.

As for us we have been literally working day and night getting the restaurant open. We have less than 3 weeks to go and things are crazy. My in laws have been here for the past few weeks, Jerry helping Dave build booths and what not and Jan helping me with Lydia while I interview, clean, paint etc. We are so grateful for their help.
We are shooting to Open February 11th and hope that Kona receives us well. So far the feed back has been great, but you just never know. The menu is awesome and the restaurant has really made a great transformation. So while the work won't end when we open we are getting excited. Dave will still work long hours, but it will not be as bad, I will work managing mostly days because of Lydia, but some nights for awhile. Sweet Lydia has been very patient with all of this. She is getting very sick of spending all day transferring from the back pack to the Octagon(play pen). We still cannot let her loose in the restaurant, but she has been a trooper. She is becoming our official greeter.

Attached are some pictures of Lydia's birthday. Hope this finds yo all warm and well!

P.S on another wonderful note my sister had her baby...Maddeline Loraine Clark...and she is a doll!!!!!

3 comments:

A Little Sass said...

I can't believe she is ONE! Happy Happy Birthday sweet baby girl. Good luck with the next two weeks! You are one crazy girl. I love you!

Five Silly Switzer's said...

My how time does fly. I can't believe your baby girl, whom I've never met...no fair...is one. It sounds like you are yet again on another adventure. Can't wait to someday come to Hawaii and see you!!

Hoagland Family said...

What in the world...already one...we have got to see each other soon before our girls are driving:)

PS...Jon and I are thinking of coming on a little trip to the islands:) Keep you posted!

Oh..and send me pics of the new business!!

Our Tracks


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones